Meet Matt Goodwin
Hi Matt - thanks for letting us get to know a bit more about you! Let's get started:
1. What’s your role at Mediacurrent, both internally and client-related?
For the past 1.5 years at Mediacurrent, I’ve been a Sr. Drupal Developer but over the past few months I’ve transitioned to a Client Success Manager. I now have the opportunity to leverage my years of Drupal experience to support our clients.
2. Give us an idea of what professional path brought you here.
When I look back over my job roles in the past almost 20 years, my career has been zig zagging between development, DBA and management. Truth is I like it all.
3. How did you first get involved with Drupal?
I got my first exposure to Drupal in 2007. I had been working for about a year with Joomla at a web development agency.
4. Is there a go-to Drupal module that you like to incorporate whenever possible?
I think Views in Drupal 6 & 7 was a go-to module but now that’s in Drupal 8 core. With Drupal 8 now, I’d say I’ve got a fever and the only cure is more paragraphs module.
5. Do you have any recommended reading or books that you would suggest to others?
I think the “Definitive Guide to Drupal 7” was a handy book to have on my shelf over the past few years. But I also really enjoyed reading both “Raving Fans” by Ken Blanchard and Susan Cain’s book “Quiet” and I recommend them often.
6. Any mobile apps that you use regularly?
Beyond the popular ones that everyone seems to be using, I’ve been using the AXS Map app to find places that are wheelchair accessible. It’s a really neat crowd sourcing app where folks can find, rate and share accessible places.
7. What do you like to do in your spare time?
When I’m not Drupal’ing, I like to cook on the grill both directly and indirectly. I brew beer with my brothers during the cold weather months. And I love fishing and gardening or really doing just about anything, with my family.
8. What do you like about Mediacurrent?
I love the culture here. No matter what we are working on, everyone supports each other and genuinely wants you to “level up”.
Awesome, thanks for being apart of the Employee Spotlight series!