Contrib Committee Review for September, 2017
September brought those of us in the Northern hemisphere the start of the Fall or Autumn season, and those of in the South-East USA were visited by Hurricane Irma. Fun times. Luckily we were not personally affected as badly as folk in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, never mind after Hurricane Maria came to visit too, though some of us were out of power for upwards of a week. While our lives are thankfully back to normal, our thoughts are with those who continue to be affected.
- Dan Polant worked out a performance improvement for the Lingotek module for complex sites, and released the Preferred Language Prompt module for D8.
- Michelle Cox ported the improved 404 / Page Not Found handling from the Drupal 8 version of Redirect to D7.
- I worked on some bugs for the Search API AJAX module, including a fix for the JS, removed duplicate block_list() calls, fixed URL handling and improved the README.txt file; I also rerolled the core patch that allows installation profiles to load configuration from code and a fix for the getAbsoluteUrl() method used in testing.
- Mark Shropshire added some new submodules to the Guardr distribution, the next release should be really good.
- Melissa Bent has been triaging the Salsify module and making improvements to it.
- I released Metatag 8.x-1.3 and triaged the Drafty module’s issue queue, particularly focusing on the handling of temporary revisions.
- Ross Nunamaker shared some thoughts after he attended Decoupled Dev Days from the perspective of a project manager.
- Edward Chan shared the news that his efforts to finish porting Autocomplete Deluxe bore fruit.
- Tim Dickens joined Mark Casias for a Friday-5 focused on blockchain technologies and then expanded on the topic with a detailed article on blockchain.
- Ally DelGuidice-Bove posted a writeup on Josh Lindard’s webinar on the return on investment of building a better user experience and content architecture for a website.
- Josh Boltz provided some insights into the Pathauto module for Drupal 8.
- Ryan Gibson gave an updated look at the ">current technologies to make sites more mobile friendly, including Google’s AMP and Facebook’s Instant Article.
- Megan Hofmeyer provided an infographic summary of Bill Shaouy’s articles comparing Drupal to commercial CMSes.
- Cheryl Little joined Mark again for a Friday 5 focused on learning to think more creatively.
- Mark Shropshire posed the question - what can we learn from the Equifax hack.
That’s all folks!
So a slightly quiet month but we’ve got some good stuff coming soon, stay tuned for more!